If you’ve been paying attention for the past few years, you know how important digital marketing is for your Self Storage facility. Content marketing is one of the many forms of digital marketing that your Self Storage facility should be investing in.
But what exactly is content marketing, and how do you do it?
Content marketing is all about creating and publishing content that your target audience will find valuable and interesting. The ‘valuable and interesting’ part is key to successful content marketing – there’s no point in publishing content for the sake of content. It needs to be relevant to your customers.
So, what are the benefits of content marketing?
- It can help improve your organic rankings (SEO)
- It can bring new traffic to your website
- It can increase consumer’s brand awareness
But what kind of content should I create?
Content is a really broad term that covers a whole lot of material. You can create a variety of different types of content.
- Blogs. Writing a blog is probably the most obvious type of content you can create for your Self Storage facility. You can write short articles and publish them on your Self Storage facility’s website. These articles don’t need to just be about your facility and your services; they can be focused on fulfilling the needs your customers have. For example, you could create blog content centred on packing tips or decluttering your home.
- Video. Video content has become more and more popular over the past few years. Videos are more engaging for customers and are more likely to be shared by your consumers. While video content might take a bit more time and effort to create, the potential payoff could be a bit higher.
- Social media. One of the key benefits of social media is your ability to share and link to other forms of content. When you share a link to your blog or video content on your social media platforms, for example, you’re sending it directly to your customers. Social media also thrives on interactivity. If you create great content that your users love, they’ll be able to engage with you. You can also create graphics and images to publish on your social media accounts.
But what if I can’t create the content myself?
If you’re too busy or don’t think you have the skillset to create the kind of content your Self Storage facility would benefit from, R6 Digital can do it for you! We’re experts in both digital marketing and the Self Storage industry, so we can create engaging content that promotes your facility. Contact us today to learn more.