The importance of a good website and digital presence is undeniable in our digital world. With over 3.5 billion searches on Google each day, it is emparative that your business has a website that your users can find on online. If you’re looking for a particular product or a service, the chances are the first thing you do is search for it on Google. Your consumers are the same and if they can’t find you online how can they purchase your products or services?
A lot of small businesses struggle with an online presence and struggle to produce a website that is not only professional, but conveys the look and feel of the business, is optimised for increased click through rates, helps convert users when they hit the site and is multi device friendly. With 60% of all Google searches now coming from mobile devices, mobiles are now the dominant viewing paltform so it is essential that your website is compatible with this view.
The small business digital grant program offered by the Queensland Government provides small businesses with the opportunity to access and utilise digital technologies that they otherwise might not have been able to. Businesses are able to apply for matched funding for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching, website design and digital marketing).
If this sounds like something you need for your business, you should consider applying for the digital grant here.
Is my business eligible for the digital grant?
To see if your business is eligible for the digital grant program, view the criteria below:
- Businesses must have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant;
- Businesses must have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST;
- Businesses must be based in Queensland;
- Businesses much have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last financial year;
- Businesses must declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
How much funding can my business receive?
Matched funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) can be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software, and services (such as digital coaching).
The minimum grant available is for $1,000. This means the project (for example, a new website) you’re hoping to achieve with the grant needs to be worth at least $2,000.
What can I use the grant for?
There are four identified priority areas that the digital technology or services need to fall under:
- Content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.);
- Receiving payments or selling online;
- Specialised digital technology or software (business specific);
- Digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.
What services does R6 Digital provide that can be used with the Small Business Digital Grant Program?
R6 Digital specialises in content and website development, website design, and digital marketing campaigns across social media, SEO, Youtube advertising and Google Ads. You can view some of our work here or Contact our team of professionals to learn more about our services or to receive a quote.
To learn more about the Small Business Digital Grant Program, download the application guidelines today.