Research undertaken by Global Web Index reveals that there are changes to consumer behaviour since the uprise of COVID-19.
We unpack the import trends they have reported and importantly offer insight into how your business can thrive in the new business world we now find us in!
- Globally more than 6 out of 10 consumers expect the Corona virus to last for 6 months or more. This has changed from March where there was a higher level of optimism.
Question: How long do you think the coronavirus / COVID-19 outbreak will last in your country?
- China remains the most optimistic about a return to normalised activity, and other European countries are gaining in optimism of normalcy.
- 7 out of 10 consumers are optimistic about their country’s ability to deal with the virus.
Question: How optimistic are you that your country will overcome the coronavirus / COVID-19 outbreak?
- Most consumers are happy with the way corporations are responding to the virus.
- Almost 50% more are saying that they are doing more online shopping.
- Increases in online shopping are focused around essentials; personal care products highest on the list.
- Fashion retailers are experiencing online purchasing of clothes, stronger with Gen Z than Millennials or Boomers
- Millennials lead the charge in the increase in online shopping.
- Across all categories it’s the highest income group doing the most buying online.
- More than 50% of consumers still want to see “normal” advertising.
- The highest approval comes from brands that show practical information about their products/services 9 out of 10 want to hear from you.
- 20% or more are using esports for entertainment, they are watching more news
Question: Which types of information would you like more of at the moment?
- 60% more are using streaming services
- 3 in 4 are spending MORE time on their smartphones.
Question: Which device(s) have you been spending more time using since the start of the coronavirus / COVID-19 outbreak?
- There is strong demand for more visual content, especially on socials.
The R6 Digital Takeaway
Here are our top 5 tips to integrate your business with the new consumer behaviour trends that are showing in this latest research
- Be mobile – 3 in 4 live on their smartphones. Is your website mobile friendly? Can people find what they want easily? Would you know, ask us to evaluate your mobile site and we can suggest improvements or changes.
- People still want to see your products. Business is far from dead and you should keep promoting your products to your customer base. Those that stop promoting increase market share for those who do keep promoting.
- Make a video about your business – More consumers have more time to be looking for products and services and visual content is the king. See some sample promo videos. Get new content to your social media channels. We can help if you can’t.
- This is the way it’s going to be for 6 months – The way consumers are changing may become entrenched in tiger buying habits. Make fundamental changes to your website and marketing now to ensure your business can thrive.
The team at R6 Digital are keeping track of these latest consumer behaviour changes and we will regularly update you with our R6 Digital Takeaway. We don’t expect you to be able to make all of these changes – but we can. Contact us today.